A Divine Art

Sunday, September 8, 2013

Overview:


Martial Arts has a very colorful past and differs from culture to culture. It has been used to defend, destroy, and find inner peace. But have you ever wondered where it all began? I mean lets face it there wasn’t an AJ’s karate right down the street from Alexander the Great’s palace. No every form of martial arts has its own unique roots and traditions that defines the core of that particular art. Perhaps you don’t even know different forms of martial arts (No its not all called karate). Well in the following weeks I am taking it up as my goal to educate those who want to learn all about martial arts and its history. I will dive into different forms, the history of forms and weapons, vocabulary, and everything that has to do with martial arts. By the end of my blogging period I hope to peak the interest and enshroud my readers so that they can share the same love I have for martial arts.  I hope you will embark on this journey with me and take it up as an adventure full of learning and fun because it will be new to me too. But by the end I promise you that we will both as the author and reader have a greater respect and bigger love for the one thing that ties cultures together…Martial Arts. 

1 comment:

  1. The martial arts are intriguing! I think that's why we have so many movies about them or incorporating them. I think this will be an interesting project for you.

    ReplyDelete